AECoW met with NRW on 7th October 2021. In line with our Strategy, we discussed:
- The role of an EnCoW and how it can support environmental regulators;
- The issues around commissioning EnCoWs and the need for contracts to support the the delivery of the role;
- The importance of impartial, environmental auditing during construction to deliver clear and transparent monitoring. The impact that has on environmental outcomes;
- Ongoing stakeholder consultation with AECoW & IEMA working groups;
- The need for regulatory reform to clarify roles and responsibilities, similar / equivalent to the CDM Regulations for health & safety.