AECoW membership requires each member to agree to abide by our code of conduct. AECoW reserves the right to remove a member who breaches this code. Members of the AECoW are expected to:
- Abide by environmental law and matters of regulation, and have a duty of care to report to the appropriate regulatory body (SNH, SEPA, NRW, EA etc) of any criminal incident;
- Continue to improve technical standards of knowledge and ability through the combination of training, continued professional development (CPD) in line with industry professional bodies, as well as practical experience through mentoring;
- Promote the environmental profession in terms of best practice;
- Ensure honesty and impartiality in their professional work;
- Avoid conflicts of interest and declare where appropriate;
- Demonstrate professional behaviour at all times;
- Promote sustainable solutions and innovation in construction projects.